Monday, August 1, 2011

Act of Kindness or Stupidity??

Well, this post is really about my experience.....which occur couple of days ago...
It was Saturday afternoon, i was driving back home from my tuition classes....it was raining heavily..and i was about to reach my home in about 10 min. I passes by the market area. Since it was raining, all the stalls were closed earlier and as usual the roads are left with garbage. (yeah...this is typical Malaysian style, the street will be full of garbage everywhere after "Pasar Malam"...or even Morning market).
I saw an Indian lady in her sixties, was busy sweeping the road. It was raining heavily and she was still cleaning the garbage left on the road. I notice that she is wet in rain and not wearing any shoes.....I quickly stop my car and unwind down my car window. I ask.."Pathi, what are you doing here, where is your shoes?" I patiently waited for her answer. She told me that she is on prayers and cannot wear shoes when wearing yellow saree.  I nodded and smile to her. Then i force her to take my umbrella, i seriously felt bad to let the old lady getting wet in rain. So far things are going smooth and nice.{ In my mind, i was thinking that it was Adhi month (auspicious month for Hindu), it  is good to help a lady especially in yellow saree...it must be a test given by GOD to check how helpful  i am towards human being around me......i know this is so childish to have thought like this but who cares...he he he he}.
Suddenly, a twist happen!!!! When i was about to sit into my car, the lady came nearer to me. She called me...and i just turn and looked at her. She say, " Girl, can u give me some money?" I am so blur at that time...i stupidly ask how much she needs. "Well, who knows maybe she need money to eat."..this is what my mind speak..While i try to take my purse from my handbag, i hear she say she need RM100. WHAT......RM100???? I myself don't have that much of cash in hand. I felt something wrong going on....(how slow my brain work sometimes...chew).
The lady is waiting for me to say yes to her and give her the money just like that. I just nodded and say that i don't have that much of money. I just try to walk away quickly. Then again she stop me and ask for at least RM50. "Argh...... i seriously don't have the money to give her". While i was politely saying no to her, i can sense that her eyes is focusing on my chain and locket. I am not accusing her, but the way she look at my chain and locket looks really fishy. I believe in eye contact, i looks directly into the eye when speak to people. My heart starts to pump fast...and my intuition sense danger sign. The lady with just focusing on my chain  try to walk closer towards me.
I just quickly get into my car and leave the place.Thank god nothing wrong happen. I just cann't imagine how could i explain to my father if she just snatch my chain and locket. My intention was to help the lady but never thought it can also cause trouble to myself. While i drive home, i then saw there were many cleaners who are sweeping the roads, now i'm sure that the lady is actually working as sweeper. I talk to my friend about this, she scolded me for acting stupid. Yeah...i agree now..it is a act of stupidity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment